Marissa Andreen has been an attorney with SMT Legal since 2018, focusing her practice on personal injury litigation including medical practice, motor vehicle accidents, products liability, premises liability, and more. Marissa is an experienced legal writer and researcher with an extensive background authoring briefs and other court filings at every stage of litigation, including both trial and appellate work. She speaks both English and French and can help clients in both languages.
Marissa was selected to clerk for Judge Gary M. Gaertner, Sr. of the Missouri Court of Appeals in 2005. After her clerkship, she handled medical malpractice litigation cases and worked as a pro bono attorney for the Pittsburgh Immigration and Refugee Assistance Center. She has also worked with the Pittsburgh Neighborhood Legal Services Association.
Marissa graduated from University of Notre Dame with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and a Bachelor of Arts in French in 2003, summa cum laude. She earned her law degree from Saint Louis University Law School in 2006. During law school, Marissa served as Articles Editor of the Saint Louis University Law Journal. She was also the recipient of three Academic Excellence Awards and a Regional Champion of International Moot Court. She published the article Opening the Doors to Women? An Examination of Recent Developments in Asylum and Refugee Law in the Saint Louis University Law Journal in Winter 2005.
She is a member of the Allegheny County Coalition for Recovery, a community organization promoting recovery from mental illness and substance abuse disorders, and has been involved with several related initiatives in the Pittsburgh area. She lives in the North Hills area with her husband and daughter.
- Saint Louis University School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2006
- Recipient of three (3) Academic Excellence Awards
- Articles Editor, Saint Louis University Law Journal, 2005—2006
- Jessup International Moot Court, Regional Champion, 2004—2005
- University of Notre Dame, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Bachelor of Arts in French, summa cum laude
- Community Dorm Commissioner
- Summer Service Projects participant
- Pennsylvania, 2007
Memberships and Affiliations
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
Awards and Recognition
- Recipient of three Academic Excellence Awards, Saint Louis University Law School
- Regional Champion of International Moot Court
2018 – Present
O’Brien, Rulis & Bochicchio, LLC
Missouri Court of Appeals, Honorable Gary M. Gaertner, Jr.
- Pittsburgh Immigration and Refugee and Assistance Center
- Pittsburgh Neighborhood Legal Services Association